Friday, August 6, 2010

ok. giving this a shot.

I can't begin to describe how encouraged I have been by reading the blogs of friends and friends of friends. I feel like I've been in the thick of emotional muck, and I haven't been able to express or explain these feelings to anyone...but reading the stories of ladies that have recently gotten married has been so much fun for me! It's made me slow down a bit, and savor the delicacies of this season.

So, I thought maybe creating a lil' blog of my own would make me slow down and truly enjoy life's blessings...because, in all honesty, this is such a beautiful season.

Andy and I have been married for almost two months now. I can't believe it! It has been SO much fun, and SO much different than I expected! I always thought we were the exception to everything, but I think no one is safe from the difficulties of being newlyweds :) the differences between men and women are inescapable! It's so funny to me.

But, I have to say, the challenges have made me love Andy so much more. I have never been more vulnerable with anyone than I am with him. And he is equally vulnerable with me. It is so beautiful.

And the fun stuff about being married is impossible to count. I don't have enough fingers or toes to list them all out. But hey....I'll give it a lil' shot:

-waking up for work to fresh coffee and pancakes. I've never gone to work with such a full belly!
-making yummy dinners and leaving dishes for the next day!
-biking home so fast knowing andy is home
-waking up to resume spooning and falling asleep again
-reading with our handy headlamps (thank you so much todd and colleen) before falling asleep
-going on walks
-walking down the block to have a picnic in colonel sumner park
-staying up late into the night just to get to hear andy's keys in the door
-doing laundry and folding someone else's clothes :)
blah blah blah......i could go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment